Saturday, August 25, 2007

Catch & Release

Lately I’ve decided to finally work on a vice of mine, and that is to stop talking so damn much!! I have the tendency to be a very open person and my life is relatively an open book. There ain’t too much about me that I am not willing to reveal even if its somebody else’s business. I honestly feel like if you have to hide something, then you don’t need to be doing it. I also know that only God can judge me, and at the ripe ole age of 30, I really am not concerned about what others think or say about me (okay, well my parents still does have that power…). I’d also like to add that I am not grudgeful, I can forgive people easily, besides we are only human. But I’ve realized that when people trust me with some issues or situations and ask that I not repeat them or use their personal experience as one of my examples, I need to respect that with no questions or no slip ups. I understand that everybody is not like me nor do I need to convert any people into Kimdroids, so I am officially taking on a new lease. For the past few weeks, I’ve been practicing catching and releasing. I’ll go into detail, what I am doing is taking in the information, giving my opinion, and letting it go. Once I’ve said my two cents or gave my initial thoughts, I am letting the information go. I am serious. I have stopped dwelling on the situation of others (especially at work). I’m actually enjoying it, my road rage has even decreased dramatically because of this newfound attitude I’ve taken on. This process allows me to rid myself of the news, rather it be good or bad. It has also allowed me to focus on more important things in my own life and that is identifying areas that I need to work on in my own personal life. I have some bad habits that I need to break; one of them is overextending myself at work. I’ve found that you can get so caught up in the motions of others and neglect taking a good look at your own self. I am constantly evaluating and discovering ways in which I can be better, instead of being like Fabo, I’m trying to make my own self better!

No comments: