Saturday, August 25, 2007

Connections

You have to be very careful of who you allow in your life. I am not saying that you need to be snobbish of stuck up, but you need to be selective. The connections you make with others are directly associated with what happens in your life from day to day. Connections can be both verbal and nonverbal. When I sit here and recall times in my past where I was really happy and times where I was really sad, I recognize the connections with the people in my life at those times. Some of the best memories I have are connected to people with whom I have the best connections with; positive people, like family and lifelong friends. And those connections had nothing to do with money or worldly things. They all had to do with laughter, fun, positive thinking, aspirations, serious truthful conversations, and happiness. When I reflect upon the worse periods in my life, I can easily recall the people that were in my life at that time, and all of them were negative connections. Those people were of unequal yoke. Times when I experienced, loneliness, sadness, constant drama was associated with some very negative people even if there were a plenty of worldly benefits involved. It is some time to identify all your connections with others to shed light on where you are spiritually, emotionally and psychologically. When you become conscious of your connections, it becomes easy to identify what people are good for you and what people aren’t. All plugs won’t fit in the same socket. It is time to start investing time in developing connections with people who bring out the best in you and time to decrease the connections with those who bring out the worse in you. You will know when it is time to cut communication with others. When people you are around aren’t happy when you are showered blessings or favor or never have anything positive to say or provide in your life, it is time to pull the plug. Take a refrigerator for example, if it is plugged into a socket with no electrical connectivity, it may look the same on the outside but on the inside, everything is rotting and spoiling. It becomes unusable if there is no connection. A lot of people are walking around here looking perfectly the same on the outside, but inside they are dying. Seek to be a positive connection to those you encounter, if you find yourself unable to do that, you need to reconsider being connected to that person, because if you are not helping them, you are hurting them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.