Saturday, August 25, 2007

What's the rush?

Let me begin by saying that I believe that every day is a gift and that we should be thankful for every good thing, memory or person that we have the opportunity to experience. What I do not understand is why people rush or shall I say hurry into things. I may be an alien or something, but when things feel really good to me, I immediately start pumping my brakes. I have witnessed people going full speed ahead without fully accessing the situation or relationship. I am not saying that one should not be excited or blissfully happy about someone or something, but for Christ’s sake, TAKE YOUR TIME. I know tomorrow ain’t promised to anyone but damn, some folks are betting it all without really knowing what it is or who it is that has them all warm, fuzzy & excited. I have found that for me personally, that when I go on blind faith based on emotions, I screw everything up completely and end up reflecting upon the situation with sad eyes and memories. I’ve learned that anything worth having is worth nurturing. Take your time and enjoy what it is or who it is that has you so snowed, let the feeling and excitement grow. I have a very good friend who is about to be married in less than two weeks and she and her fiancĂ© dated for over 5 years. People were in her ear telling her to get married and to go on and start her life with him like yesterday, but instead, she followed her instinct and allowed their love to grow. And trust me, when you see them, you feel the love, its contagious! And that is the kind of love that endures all. I have another example, one of my good friends first experience the desire to become an officer at the company he loved for about 4 years ago, and he was trying to force it so hard. He was trying to strategically place himself within the eyes of those that could make it happen for him so much that he was neglecting everything else in his life. Once he settled down and focused on doing the best job that he could and allowed himself to be groomed, he got that position. Not only is he respected and trusted, he is well liked now. The minute he stopped trying to force things, they happened just like they were supposed to. So this goes out to all the people who want something or someone and find themselves anxious or ready to dive right in without thoroughly thinking about it, please sit back, relax, and be. I find that it helps when I right things down on a piece of paper to make it plain. Once I’ve identified what I want, I ask for guidance and just let it go from there, don’t force anything. Anything worth having is worth waiting for.

No comments: